• No categories
Recent Comments


    1. You must be a U.S. citizen.
    2. You have met your Fiancee in person within the previous two years.
    3. Both you and your Fiancee are legally free to marry.
    4. You meet certain minimum income requirement*.
    5. Your Fiancee does not have a criminal record.
    6. Your Fiancee has not violated U.S. immigration laws

    * Normally you will be required to show 125% of the poverty level for your household including your Fiancee and any children. If you do not meet these requirements, you will need a co-sponsor who does meet the guidelines. The co-sponsor also needs to fill out an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) for your Fiancee and her children.

    Documents You Need to Show That You Are a United States Citizen:

    • If you were born in the United States, give the USCIS a copy, front and back, of your birth certificate.
    • If you were naturalized, give the USCIS a copy if your Certificate of Naturalization

    What If a Document Is Not Available?

    NOTE: If the documents needed above are not available, you can give CIS the following instead. However, the USCIS may request in writing that you obtain a statement from the appropriate civil authority certifying that the needed document is not available. Any evidence submitted must contain enough information, such as a birth date, to establish the event you are trying to prove.

    School records A letter from the school authority (preferably from the first school attended), showing the date of admission to the school, child’s date or age at that time, place of birth, and the names of the parents.

    Census record State or Federal census record showing the name(s), date(s) and place(s) of birth or age(s) of the person(s) listed.

    Baptismal certificate A copy, front and back, of the certificate under the seal of the church, synagogue or other religious entity showing where the baptism, dedication or comparable rite occurred, as well as the date and place of the child’s birth, date of baptism and names of the child’s parents. The baptism must have occurred within two months after the birth of the child.

    Affidavits Written statements sworn to, or affirmed by, two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the event (For example, a birth, marriage or death). These persons may be relatives and do not have to be citizens of the United States. Each affidavit should contain the person’s full name and address, date and place of birth, and relationship to you and must fully describe the event and explain how he or she acquired knowledge of the event.

    Other Documents You Need to Submit With Form I-129F:

    • Affidavit of Support (Form I-134/I-864);
    • Financial statements;
    • One color photo of you and your spouse (make sure you meet all the USCIS requirements);
    • Completed and singed Forms G-325A for you and your Fiancee;
    • Passports
    • Divorce decrees (if applicable)
    • If you or your Faincee are using a name other than on the relevant document, you must submit any documents showing your legal name change (such as: marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order).

    Please, note that this is not a complete list of the supporting documents you are required to submit while filing Petition for Alien Faincee.